I know there are already thousands of review of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3, however, since it is my first ever Hourglass product, I think it deserves a review. First impression? Powders are so soft and feels so good on the skin! I wish I hadn’t waited that long to try but hey it is never too late, right?
I avoid getting holiday releases since there’s always a risk of loving the product but never getting hold of it ever again. Also I rarely get palettes as most of the time I only like a few colours and hardly use the rest. I have always wanted to purchase the ambient lighting palette each year, however, never took the plunge. Also, I missed the first holiday release of Hourglass and wasn’t really interested in the second one, however, when they brought back the rose gold packaging I knew I had to get it. I am glad I did. I was hoping I wouldn’t like the powders as much but unfortunately that’s not the case. It might be the beginning of a new love!
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3 has three existing powders and three new exclusive shades. Existing powders are Diffused Light, Dim Light and Luminous Bronzer Light. New ones are Surreal Halo, Pure Effect and Hypnotic Stobe Light.
- Diffused Light is a pale yellow powder which conceals the redness. It is perfect for blurring and giving a soft finish.
- Dim Light is a neutral peach beige powder. It does almost the same as Diffused Light, adding luminous finish and it lifts the complexion.
- Luminous Bronzer Light is a medium tan shade which gives soft, warm glow. It is ideal for people who don’t like too warm colour bronzers, also it has beautiful golden hue.
- Surreal Halo is a deep berry blusher which is perfect for the gloomy and days to brighten up the complexion.
- Pure Effect is the second blush which is bright petal pink. Don’t let the bright pink colour scare you, it gives such beautiful pink finish.
- Hypnotic Stobe Light is a beautiful champagne pearlescent highlighter. If you want glow then this will give you the most beautiful glow!
Before owning any Hourglass powders, I read so many comments about Max Factor Creme Puff Blush blushes being a dupe of the Hourglass ones. I can say they are somehow similar, but not exactly the same. Hourglass powders have finer texture then Max Factor ones and also less fall outs, apart from that it is a good alternative. Price tag makes a big difference though. One is £8.99 and the other one is £32 so decisions… decisions!
The silky texture of the powders glides on the skin and they are buildable. You can have really natural makeup or you can go all in. You can wear it on top of the foundation or on just a bare face, the end result will still impress you. I love the soft finish! All the powders are finely milled, smooth and lightweight. It won’t add any weight to the makeup, which makes it perfect for oily skins. Also even after wearing the powders for many hours, there’s hardly any fading which is great for long days! Apart from all these, another good thing is, it comes with a decent size mirror. When you’re on the go, this palette can be your best friend. I know I’ll definitely be packing this for my trips.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3 is £69. Each powder is 1.4 g. Even though the size of the powders are small, the palette contains everything you need from setting powders, highlighter, bronzer to blusher to transform your makeup. It is perfect for trying different products and if you like the ones you try, then you can always purchase the full size. If you, like me, always wondered whether to try Hourglass products or not, wonder no more! Put it on your wishlist and spoil yourself, you won’t regret it.
Have you tried any Hourglass products? What do you think about Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3?