Personal touches on gifts can make them even more special. It shows how much effort you put in. Do you like adding personal touches to your gift? If you do then you might want to carry on reading. You might be wrapping quite a few presents this year, what do you use as a gift tag? How about using DIY leaf gift tags rather than some paper one?
I can’t remember where I saw it but, one shop was selling pinecones as a gift topper… 4 pinecones for £4-5 and mix of big and small ones for £16. It might not be much but for something you could just collect in the park or the forest, it is ridiculous to pay money for that. What do you think about it? Just collect some pinecones, paint them or even add some glitters to make them sparkly then it is all ready.
I like adding personal touches to the things that are special to me, for instance I made flower crowns for the guests at my wedding. Now we are getting closer to that time of year that you can get creative with your gift wrapping.
DIY Leaf Gift Tags
- Spray paint (copper, black, white… whatever colour you could think of)
- Acrylic paint
- You can use the leaves as how they are, but when you paint them with spray paint, it gets easier to write or paint on them. Also make sure that the leaves are dry. You might collect the leaves and let them dry for a day so the paint holds better.
- Spray paint the leaves and let them dry for 30 min – 1 hour
- Once the leaves are fully dry, either write name or draw whatever you feel like painting
- You should use toothpick to create the outline of the shape you want and use brush to paint inside, it gives better finish.
- Brush won’t move as easy as it moves on paper, so you should try to use small strokes or even dotting motions to create the desired shape (If you mess it up, you could use nail polish remover to clean the bits)
- Let them dry.
I kinda underestimated the painting on leaves. If you do water painting or any type of painting, you know how easy the brush moves on the paper. When I was trying to handwrite the words with the brush, it couldn’t get any harder than that. So just take your time and do it slowly! I wasted so many leaves when I was trying to write on them. If you have permanent marker, you could even use it, it would be easier. You would even hang them on the fireplace or wall.
What do you think about personal touches to the gifts? What do you think about DIY leaf gift tags? Would you be interested in doing something similar or you have no time for that?